Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

FixMyGauge
Regular Visitor

Treemap visual with circle shapes instead of rectangles

I would like to know if there is a visual on power BI, very much like the treemap visual,  except with circles as the shape instead of rectangles. The main property of the visual I'm looking for is for each category within the relevant dataset to have its own circle, and the relative size of that circle should scale with a DAX measure of my choice. The data I'm visualising is very basic and one dimensional, so I don't want to give it an x/y axis as is the case with a bubble chart.

Crossposted here: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Custom-Visuals-Development/Treemap-visual-with-circle-shap...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FixMyGauge ,

Currently, the standard visuals available in Power BI do not include a 'circle treemap' or 'circular treemap'. The built-in treemap visual in Power BI uses rectangles to represent hierarchically structured data, as you've correctly noted.
According to my investigation,maybe a custom visual object called "Packed Bubble" can meet your needs.
My Sample:

vweiyan1msft_0-1706342366233.png

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_1-1706342377661.png

You can click the ellipsis (...) in the Visualization pane of Power BI Desktop to import custom visual objects.
Please always ensure that the custom visual you choose complies with your organization's policies and data security requirements.
For more you may refer to:

Import Power BI visuals from AppSource or from a file - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-weiyan1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FixMyGauge ,

Currently, the standard visuals available in Power BI do not include a 'circle treemap' or 'circular treemap'. The built-in treemap visual in Power BI uses rectangles to represent hierarchically structured data, as you've correctly noted.
According to my investigation,maybe a custom visual object called "Packed Bubble" can meet your needs.
My Sample:

vweiyan1msft_0-1706342366233.png

Result is as below.

vweiyan1msft_1-1706342377661.png

You can click the ellipsis (...) in the Visualization pane of Power BI Desktop to import custom visual objects.
Please always ensure that the custom visual you choose complies with your organization's policies and data security requirements.
For more you may refer to:

Import Power BI visuals from AppSource or from a file - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yulia Yan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @FixMyGauge 

Can you please look into the Bubble visual in Power BI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W38pnDZx8cY

If your requirement is solved, please make sure to MARK AS SOLUTION and help other users find the solution quickly. Please hit the LIKE button if this comment helps you.

Thanks
Pijush
www.MyAccountingTricks.com 
https://www.youtube.com/MyAccountingTricks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.