Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cparry
Frequent Visitor

Total Sales filtered by two columns in one table and then one filter from another table

I have one table with transactional sales data broken down by day per line.  I then have another data with customers that have churned.  I am trying to pull into my customer table the Sales revenue per account filtered by a year and type of material.  I have tried calculated measures, Sum, summarize.  Is this possible to do?  If I was in Excel I would filter my data and then do a Vlookup to bring the result to the customer table.  

Thank you for any help you can provide.  

Customer table headers 

Ship to |  Customer Key| 

Transactional Data Headers 

Ship to | Customer Key| Material type| Material| Transaction Date| Line item revenue| 

Thank you 

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@cparry , You can create a join between the two table using customer Id, if that is unique, if now then create a key in both table like

key = [Ship to] & "-" & [Customer Key]

And Join.

Now you take sum of Line item revenue and slicer on the transaction date and material and analyze

Ideal id that you create a date table and join with a transaction date and material table with Material type, Material and join back with Transactional table.

I am not sure about the need of summarize, unless you share some expected output.

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Share some data and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.