Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

luisbarreto

Tornado chart_has no visual adjustment for latin numbers

Greetings!

I'm working on brazilian reports and I'm having problems using Tornado chart version 2.1.0: it has no visual adjustment for latin data, without thousand separator and without replacing dot for comma.

Example: for a thousand reals, it should show 1.000,00 but it shows 1000.00

In English, the thousand separator is comma, while in Brazil and latin countries, it's dot.

In English, the decimal separator is dot, while in Brazil it is comma.

I told official Microsoft developers to solve it, but they told me only the developers of this chart can solve it. They just offer it, but it's not with them to resolve. In every chart officialy offered and developed by Microsoft hasn't this problem.

Can you help me? Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @luisbarreto ,

I'd Like to suggest you check the system region symbol settings for decimal numbers or try to use a custom format string on your field to change the display value formats.

Change the Windows regional settings to modify the appearance of some data types (microsoft.com)

vpollymsft_0-1650506015407.png

Use custom format strings in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Thousand-Separator-and-Decimal-Separator 

• The display of numeric felds depends on your Regional Settings. you have to close and reopen your pbix file after adjusting the Regional Settings.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-rongtiep-msft . Thanks for your contribution.

However, I see that your steps are already taken in my computer. I got to "Region" on my control panel and saw that my regional configuration are already like it should be. The prove of it is that all the others tables, charts etc. shows comma as decimal separator and dot as thousand separator.

The problem seems to be only in Tornado Chart:

Name: Tornado 2.1.0

Publisher: Microsoft

ID: TornadoChart1452517688218

Version: 2.1.0

Origin: AppSource

Suport: community.powerbi.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.