Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Top N + other at all levels in a hierarchy

Hi,

What I would like to have is a slicer that will show the Top N (i.e. 5, 10 all) plus the others along with their sales numbers at all levels in a hierarchy so if I start with the Top 5 Categories and drill down to Product Groups it will then show me the Top 5 Product Groups but I can use the slicer to change to the Top 10 for example.

I have the below structure and I am using the hierarchy in the "Item PG and Brand" table along with a calculated measure on Gross Sales which is below.  The join between the "Sales Data (Combined) and "Item PG and Brand" tables is Product Key to Key

Gross Sales = (SUM('Sales Data (Combined)'[Sales Gross]))

Capture.PNG

While I can use the Top n filter in a visual it doesn't show me the Others and from some of the other posts, I can't get the solutions to work with a hierarchy.  Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks,

Mike

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Dynamic-Top-N-and-Others-category/m-p/614566#M292949

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-chuncz-msft ,

Thanks for the reply, but how would the solution work with a hierarchy?  looking through the post, it looks like it would work for just customer name, but how does it deal with a hierarchy?  I'm keen to see only my Top n Categories and if I drill through from here I should then see the Top N Product Groups and if I select one of those I should then see the Top N Brands.

thanks,

Mike

One of the workaround is that you create different pages with TOP N and allow drill across pages. 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.