Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Mage
Frequent Visitor

Tooltip limit for Gantt chart

Hi, 

Recently when I used Gantt 2.2.3 chart in Power BI Desktop, I found that the maximum number of its tooltip is 3.

Mage_1-1705652688768.png

When I tried to put more fields in it, it will show the yellow line and seems not allow to add any fields in it

Mage_2-1705652742382.png

Is there any solution about it, or it is the limitation for itself, pls advise, thanks.

Regards,

Mage

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Mage ,

I'm sorry. Here's an alternative Solution : you can also try to create a calculated column, merge the columns you want to place in Tooltips with &&, and show them together:
Create calculated column.

Column 2 =
'Table'[date]&" - "&'Table'[date1]&" - "&'Table'[Column]

vxiandatmsft_0-1705892927587.png

To Gantt 2.2.3 Chart tooltips, I went and looked at the design code for Gantt 2.2.3 Custom Visual Objects and I found that when he originally designed it that was the maximum limit of three.

vxiandatmsft_0-1706597895559.pngvxiandatmsft_1-1706597909211.png

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiandat-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mage ,

Yes, I tried it, and like you said, you can only put three in the tooltip in the Gantt chart, which has always been the case.This seems to be a question of the Gantt 2.2.3 Chart design philosophy. You can put forward your ideas and vote from the following link:

Ideas (microsoft.com)

Below is the same situation:

GANT 2.2.3 limitation on number of tooltips? - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xiandat-msft ,

Thanks for reply, but I tried to find any alternative solutions for the chart instead of provide an idea to consume unnecessary time.

Also, in the same situation that you have provided, I had seen it before and did not think the reply is suitable for my case, it said 'there is no limit to the number of tooltips that can be added to the Gantt chart' while actually the limitation seems to be 3.

If 'This seems to be a question of the Gantt 2.2.3 Chart design philosophy', whether there is any document or explanation for it.

Hopefully for your advise.

Regards,

Mage

Hi @Mage ,

I'm sorry. Here's an alternative Solution : you can also try to create a calculated column, merge the columns you want to place in Tooltips with &&, and show them together:
Create calculated column.

Column 2 =
'Table'[date]&" - "&'Table'[date1]&" - "&'Table'[Column]

vxiandatmsft_0-1705892927587.png

To Gantt 2.2.3 Chart tooltips, I went and looked at the design code for Gantt 2.2.3 Custom Visual Objects and I found that when he originally designed it that was the maximum limit of three.

vxiandatmsft_0-1706597895559.pngvxiandatmsft_1-1706597909211.png

Best Regards,

Xianda Tang

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.