Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tooltip Issue

I created a tooltip report to show more details about a sales order

I added to this tooltip some values somes of them are measures and the rest are just fileds fromn the tables as first.

I created a table visual on another report page and configured the tooltip I've jst created. Th eproblem I am facing is that it shows the correct values on some lines and just blanks on other ones. can you poelassde support

another problem on the tooltip. I have a field that is True/false field that I am not able to configure as first on the toolip can you pease support

regards

Imbrg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I suspect those measures evaluate as blank in the context of the second visual.  Try adding it to that visual directly to confirm.  You may have to adapt the measure or make a new one to get your desired result in that context.

Also, I tested with a measure that returns True() and was able to use it in a visual.  It didn't have option to change aggregation; it just showed "True".

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

I suspect those measures evaluate as blank in the context of the second visual.  Try adding it to that visual directly to confirm.  You may have to adapt the measure or make a new one to get your desired result in that context.

Also, I tested with a measure that returns True() and was able to use it in a visual.  It didn't have option to change aggregation; it just showed "True".

If this works for you, please mark it as solution.  Kudos are appreciated too.  Please let me know if not.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , The information you have provided is not sufficient. Can you please explain with an example.
refer if these can help

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-tooltips

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Custom-tooltip-for-matrix-Level-of-detail-calculation/td-p/611946
Appreciate your Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.