Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sajal161292
Helper V
Helper V

To calculate the date of a cell

Hi,

I have a requirement of highlighting the report as per a 3rd column.

Capture12.PNG

For this I need to calculate the date at which the negative total appears for the first time in the report for every part(highlighted in red color).

As an example 3/30/2018 for one of the part in this case.

I have tried using the FIRSTDATE function but it is not giving me the correct date(it is giving me incorrect date i.e. the first due_date in this visual).

So can you please help me in achieving it?

8 REPLIES 8
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @sajal161292,

Could you please share us some sample data (which we can copy and paste directly) if possible? So that we can make some proper tests rather than just guessing. Smiley Happy

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Shall i include my pbi file here?

Hi,

I have copied my sample file at the location

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19LgThaihWegJhrTSBxF5FikcFgcyCd4c

Hi @sajal161292,

First thanks for sharing the pbix file. It helps a lot to understand your requirement.

And per my understanding about the unworkable FIRSTDATE function. It maybe related to the ISONORAFTER() in measure Total1. So could you please make an explaination about the logic of this measure?

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Hi,

Thank you for the update!!

The total1 measure if used to rollup the total(Delta= Supply-Demand in this visual) from 1st day till the end(90 days in this case).

My business requirement was to perform the cumulative addition of the quantities from the first date till the last date in the report.

Hi,

Can anyone please provide me a solution to this?

Hi,

Could you please provide me some solution or an alternative approach for solving this problem?

Hi,

Any pointers will be highly appreciated!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.