Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sipati
Employee
Employee

Time to fetch latest data for Paginated Report based on DirectQuery Power Bi Dataset

Hi, when is the latest data by paginated report based on DirectQuery Power Bi Dataset fetched?

I am facing an issue, even if dataset is querying and receiving latest data, the Paginated Report is taking time to reflect. Any idea why? I was seeing results until yesterday instantly, but today it is taking some minutes to wait.

Note: I am not talking but Loading Animation time, I am talking about data.

There is no scheduled refresh, because it is directquery dataset. 

2 REPLIES 2
sipati
Employee
Employee

How much time does it take for a paginated report to get and display latest data from a DirectQuery PowerBi Dataset?

Is there a scheduled refresh needed? or it is live just like a DirectQuery PBIX report?

I have a paginated report connected to DirectQuery PowerBi Dataset. Dataset is able to show latest data always instantenously, but paginated reports keeps on displaying old data, and it takes few minutes to reflect newer data.

Dont know why this is happpening, I do not have much data.

v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sipati ,

Did you enable Auto refresh for paginated reports?

Auto Refresh for Paginated Reports

As demonstrated the BI Power Hour at MBAS, we’ve enabled the ability for report authors to use the Auto Refresh property that has long been available for paginated reports.  To use this feature, open your report in Power BI Report Builder and specify the rate in seconds at which the report page will automatically refresh in the properties pane. When you publish the report to Power BI, the report will update in the browser at that interval automatically when you’re viewing it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-paginated-reports-june-2019-feature-update-summary...

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.