Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Theme - changing color of individual visualizations

I would like to change background color of my individual visualization and I would like to perform it using themes as then when I pin on a dashboard, those colors would be displayed too. Any idea how to do the same using customize theme option? I tried below and didnt get expected results

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, the background of each tile cannot be changed.

We suggest to submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

If you want to open a ticket, please refer the following link and gif.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Yes, the background of each tile cannot be changed.

We suggest to submit the requirement to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner : https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

If you want to open a ticket, please refer the following link and gif.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Properties under Visual in Customize Theme will be applied across all the visuals in the PBIX file. You cannot select a particular Visual and apply the same.

There is no option as per your request, unfortunately.

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Anonymous
Not applicable

But my "total count" card is still white? why didnt its background change? did i change correct settings?

@Anonymous 

Background Color Property of the Card Visual is already set to White. If you click Revert to Default, you see the Theme color.

Fowmy_0-1602270169970.png

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

YouTube  LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

that worked...when i upload that report, i see that color background.

But any idea why I am not getting the same color when i pin on the dashboard? i tried both options "use current theme" (the background changes to white) and "use destination theme" (background matches with the dashboard settings)

@Anonymous 

You can try the Dashboard Them Option to have the desired results

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/announcing-dashboard-theming-in-the-power-bi-service/

YouTube  LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

i want to have a different background for each pinned tile and the dashboard theme wont work for me as it will apply same background to all tiles

@Anonymous 

No, that won't be possible. You can try applying a conditional Formatting.

YouTube  LinkedIn

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is how my report visual looks like. But when I pin it to a dashboard I dont see that background, why? i tried both options - "use current theme" (the background changes to white) and "use destination theme" (background matches with the dashboard settings)

what is the use of "use current theme" if it is not working? Am I doing something wrong? I am using the default theme and just changing color of the background

Untitled.jpg

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you pin a Visual to the Dashboard, the background of the Visual will be changed to the background of the Dashboard.

If you want to save the background color, you need to pin the whole report page.

theme1.jpg

theme2.jpg

Or you can configure the Tile color using Dashboard theme, but the background color of each tile is the same.

theme3.jpg

If you have any question, please kindly ask here and we will try to resolve it.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks ....so are you saying that it is impossible to change the color of individual tiles? could you take a look at this https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/dashboard-changing-background-color-of-individual-pinned/m-...? should i submit a support ticket?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.