Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ElioAngarita
Helper I
Helper I

The column '#' of the table wasn't found.

Hello, i've been working with the data from a spreadsheet i own with no issue at all. Fro mall of the sudden this messgae appeared: "The column '#' of the table wasn't found." Now i can't update my dashboard.

Is there any solution for this that won't affect my dashboard?

This is the code from the advanced query editor: 

Let

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://esites.enbridge.com/sites/accountspayable/Shared%20Documents/AP%20Helpdesk%20Resources/Escal..."), null, true),
#"Esc Tickets (All)_Sheet" = Source{[Item="Esc Tickets (All)",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Esc Tickets (All)_Sheet", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"#", Int64.Type}, {"Ticket Number", type text}, {"Category", type text}, {"Type", type text}, {"Closure Code", type text}, {"Expeditor Name", type text}, {"Escalated Date", type date}, {"Assigned to (Name)", type text}, {"Closure Date", type date}, {"Status", type text}, {"Business Days", Int64.Type}, {"Resolution time (days)", Int64.Type}, {"Comments", type text}, {"Update", type date}, {"Requestor", type text}, {"Column16", Int64.Type}, {"Column17", type date}}),
#"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Changed Type",{"#"})
in
#"Removed Columns"

Applied steps:

Source

Navigation

Promoted Headers

Changed Type

X Removed Columns

Thank you in advance, 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ElioAngarita,

I'd like to suggest you change the active steps to confirm which query steps show this issue at first to help us clarify the scenario.

In addition, can you please export your records to create some dummy data with the same data structure for test? It will be helpful for troubleshooting.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
az38
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ElioAngarita 

are you sure you still have a column "#" in "Esc Tickets (All)" sheet?

if no, try this code

Let

Source = Excel.Workbook(Web.Contents("https://esites.enbridge.com/sites/accountspayable/Shared%20Documents/AP%20Helpdesk%20Resources/Escal..."), null, true),
#"Esc Tickets (All)_Sheet" = Source{[Item="Esc Tickets (All)",Kind="Sheet"]}[Data],
#"Promoted Headers" = Table.PromoteHeaders(#"Esc Tickets (All)_Sheet", [PromoteAllScalars=true]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{ {"Ticket Number", type text}, {"Category", type text}, {"Type", type text}, {"Closure Code", type text}, {"Expeditor Name", type text}, {"Escalated Date", type date}, {"Assigned to (Name)", type text}, {"Closure Date", type date}, {"Status", type text}, {"Business Days", Int64.Type}, {"Resolution time (days)", Int64.Type}, {"Comments", type text}, {"Update", type date}, {"Requestor", type text}, {"Column16", Int64.Type}, {"Column17", type date}})
in
#"Changed Type"

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Hi @az38, thank you for your response.

No, i dont have any column with that name 😕 but i did notice that one of them had a weird name i didnt put, i think it might have been "#" it makes sense. I'll change it's name and i'll let you know.

In any case, should i just overwrite the text i have in that query for the code you're providing?

@ElioAngarita 

I think it could be enough to use my code as data source

do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution
LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.