Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Cepheus
Frequent Visitor

The column '@data.context' of the table wasn't found.

Hello Everyone,

I have imported some data into PowerBi from an Azure Storage Blob. I am trying to do some transformations of the data, much of which was automated. I was able to get the advanced view below, and understand that query needs to be modified to correct the error, but how do I go about doing that?

let
Source = (Parameter1) => let
Source = Json.Document(Parameter1),
#"Converted to Table" = Table.FromRecords({Source}),
#"Expanded value" = Table.ExpandListColumn(#"Converted to Table", "value"),
#"Expanded value1" = Table.ExpandRecordColumn(#"Expanded value", "value", {"id", "userPrincipalName", "officeLocation", "assignedLicenses"}, {"value.id", "value.userPrincipalName", "value.officeLocation", "value.assignedLicenses"}),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded value1",{{"@odata.context", type text}, {"@odata.nextLink", type text}, {"value.id", type text}, {"value.userPrincipalName", type text}, {"value.officeLocation", type text}, {"value.assignedLicenses", type any}})
in
#"Changed Type"
in
Source

1 REPLY 1
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @Cepheus ,

You mean @odata.context? Change #"Changed Type" step to this:

#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Expanded value1",{{"@odata.nextLink", type text}, {"value.id", type text}, {"value.userPrincipalName", type text}, {"value.officeLocation", type text}, {"value.assignedLicenses", type any}})

This removes the transformation applied to non-existing column @odata.context ( {"@odata.context", type text}, )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.