Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

shaunb94
Frequent Visitor

Text Box not picking up measures

Hi, 

I have a Power BI file with quite a large amount of data which is not finding any of the meaures I have created to be included in the text box as dynamic values. 

I have another Power BI file which it is working for, does anyone know if this function does not work as good if there is a huge amount of data?

2 REPLIES 2
v-heq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @shaunb94 ,
From what I understand, you can apply your measure by selecting the text select function button under format and selecting field value. of course you have to make sure your dax expression is correct. For large datasets, performance issues may prevent the measure from displaying correctly. Please consider optimizing your data model for better performance.

For information on how to display dynamic metrics in a text box, you can refer to this documentation
Add a Localized Labels table to a Power BI report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Albert He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@shaunb94 , Type @measure name, and then press enter, if should suggest the correct measure, click on that and use

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.