Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Target to show regardless of Connection

Hi,

Please help.

I am new to Power BI & busy building my first dashboard.

I have a Dimension table with multiple fact tables. 1 of my fact tables is a target file which has multiple rows with targets by customer, segment & month. I have done a combined column with these fields & done the same in the dimension table to create a 1 to many relationship.

However when I pull in the target on the dashboard only those that have matches show the target. How do I go about reflecting the full target even if there is no match in the dimension table & allow for slicing in customer, segment or month?

5 REPLIES 5
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?

Could you please provide more details or expected result about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

If you've fixed the issue on your own please kindly share your solution. If the above posts help, please kindly mark it as a solution to help others find it more quickly.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , see if you have a target for one customer, not for others. It will not show. You can use +0 to show 0 targets. But If there is join with the customer. It should show the same target everywhere

Anonymous
Not applicable

See below for examples.

Target file is a single relationship with the targetkey combined name.

hydescan_0-1599122897862.png

Sales Data looks like this with value & targetkey

hydescan_1-1599123011175.png

would like target value to display even if there is no targetkey in sales data

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please allow me to confirm whether my understanding is correct.

You have two tables linked one-to-many based on TargetKey, but the Sales Data table has no matched Target Key.

So you want to display the whole sales even if the Target Key doesn’t match.

Do you want to display the result like this? The no matched sales summarize.

tar1.jpg

Or do you want to display the result like this, the Sales don’t summarize.

tar2.jpg

If them don’t meet your requirement, could you please provide a mockup sample based on fake data?

It will be helpful if you can show us the exact expected result based on the tables.

Please upload your files to OneDrive For Business and share the link here. Please don't contain any Confidential Information or Real data in your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Essentially what I need is to have a target for the month showing by customer even if there hasn't been a sale as yet. And if there is a sale for a customer that doesn't have a target it still needs to show.

I have been given a possible solution that I am going to try & will advise if it works

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.