Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Silko
Helper II
Helper II

Tags in a slicer (AND, OR)

Hi,

I have a problem with filtering my data. I have a table of tags which is connected with products, customers, etc. I want to filter my data by tags.

I made a slicer and put the tags as a value. There is no problem when I filter data by one tag, but there is a problem when I try to filter data by multiple tags. If I select multiple tags I get all the data which has at least one of the tags (so there is an OR connection between tags in the slicer). But usually I want to get only the data which has all the selected tags (AND connection). Is there a way to do that?

3 REPLIES 3

If the tags come from a single column - I assume they do - then AND doesn't make any sense. Each row can only have one. If your tags come from multiple columns, then how are you doing this?

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Tags are in a separate table which has a connection table with every table tags are connected to. It is a many to many connection. So for the products I have three tables:
- products table
- tags table
- products_has_tags table

products_has_tags has two columns:
- tag_id - which is connected to ID in tags table
- product_id - which is connected to ID in products table

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Silko we have same situation too, were you able to solve this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.