Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

V24
Helper I
Helper I

Table visualisation filtering data

I have 3 tables: Global , Local , checklist . 1 global projects can have many local projects. 1 local projects can have many checklists. When I use the table visualisation It is only showing the projects which have data in  global, local and checklist table. I somehow managed to show data from global and local and the global projects with no data in local are being shown blank which is great. But when I add the checklist to the table visual it is filtering out and only  those projects which have data in all the 3 tables are being shown . I want to show all the projects and if they have no data in local and checklist I want it shown blank.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @V24 ,

click on the project field and tick the show items with no data option 

Idrissshatila_0-1708498554171.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
V24
Helper I
Helper I

Hey I am able to get all the data even when I add checklist data, but somehow even if I have data for certain columns it is not being shown. Ex if I have deployment lead in my datatable for all the projects it is not being shown in the table visual for all the projects it is showing for the ones with data in local and checklist

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello @V24 ,

click on the project field and tick the show items with no data option 

Idrissshatila_0-1708498554171.png

Hi @Idrissshatila thanks, tried your solution, it does show all the projects when the data is only related to global and local when I put the checklist data the data is getting filtered and only the data having items in checklist is being shown. What do i do?

@V24 ,

can you show us how your data is structured and your scenario, I can't help you without knowing the structure of your model.

image.jpg

@V24 ,

from which tables your data that you're trying to display are coming from?

@Idrissshatila I am able to see the data when I add the checklist data to the table visual, but for some projects even if i have the data for some columns it is not being reflected in the table visual. Ex: if I have the completion %, deployment lead for all the projects in the global deployments field I am not able the see the completion % for some projects in the table visual. Here is an image for ex: 

IMG_8803.jpeg

From the global deployments, local deployments and local checklist.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.