Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pvanolinda
Frequent Visitor

Synoptic Panel Question

I'm trying to figure out a way of using the Synoptic Panel for a client's inventory management needs. They provided me with a diagram of their warehouse with approximately 100 shelf locations. I've mapped these as areas using the Synoptic Panel Designer. It works fine when there is only one piece of equiment per shelf location. I'm running into problems when they have multiple items in the same shelf location because only one item is displayed in the visual. Is there any way to get around this without needing to create sub-areas within each shelf location. Does anyone know of a solution that would show a list of each item and their corresponding measures within each location?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd create a mapping table of the items and their location on the warehouse map.  In most cases your mapping table will be 1 to 1 with the location map, but whenever you have multiple items in 1 map location, you would have an entry for each one.

Thanks for your response! I did try that. In the Synoptic Panel, when I have the subcategory poulated with the item name, it only shows one of multiple items. If I remove the subcategory and only have a measure, it totals the amount, price, etc. properly. I would like to show the names of each item along with their unique measures. Not sure how!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.