Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

ebc124
Frequent Visitor

Summations are not adding up correctly for specific values.

Hello,

I have a series of files named by year 2011 to 2022 in the file the headers are as follows. Where if you open a file the same fiscal year will be the same for every row. 

ebc124_1-1683847764552.png

I have brought all of these files into Power Bi, and created a simple table that sums the total of each column. This table can be shown below.

ebc124_2-1683847799347.png

To validate that the table was summing values correctly, I recreated this table from the source data and found that the values in the red boxes do not match with the values calculated from the table i created from the source table.

The picture below outlines the results of me carrying out this process in Excel. I also compared the number of rows in the source data and the power bi data and it is the same amount but the sums are different. I have resolved all errors in my queries.

ebc124_3-1683847951279.png

I think I might have set something up incorrectly in Power BI for it to not calculate correctly. i am just not sure what. 

Can someone please help?

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.