Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lavanyak
Frequent Visitor

Sumif in Table.group power query

Hello,

How can I use SUMIF in Table.Group, i,e I want to group the data conditionally.Below is the sample data and output I need:

Group SalesFlag
A10001
A5000
A10001
B14001
B16001
C50001

For this data, I need sum of sales by Group where Flag is 1;

Output I need is:

GroupSalesFlag
A20001
B30001
C50001

We have something like this 

= Table.Group(Rategain_PivotN,"Join_key",{"AvgCheapestPrice-EZ", each List.SUM([Cheapest Price])})

But I need something which will allow me to group data by join _key and sum based of flag=1.So is there a function called List.Sumif in power query where I can use it in Table.group.

Regards

Lavanya

6 REPLIES 6
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @lavanyak,

Based on my test, we can use Group By feature in power query. Firstly, we need filter the table, after that we can use the group By function to  get the result as below.

1.png

The backend M formula is below:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTI0MDAAUUqxOhABUzDfAM5HUeAEYpmgC5ghCThDjIAKxAIA", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Group " = _t, Sales = _t, Flag = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Group ", type text}, {"Sales", Int64.Type}, {"Flag", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Changed Type", each ([Flag] = 1)),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Filtered Rows", {"Group "}, {{"Count", each List.Sum([Sales]), type number}, {"flag", each List.Max([Flag]), type number}})
in
#"Grouped Rows"

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/om76kw1yrejkjl4/Sumif%20in%20Table.group%20power%20query.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Thanks for your response.

I need something like List.SUMIF, because for few fields I need total sum irrespective of whatever value flag takes and few other fields I need sum where flag is 1.

If I filter the records bfr grouping then I wont be able to get sum of all values where flag is 1,2,3 etc.

Hi @lavanyak,

Here we can add a conditional column in advance to get all the values of flag you need.

= Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if [Flag] <> 0 then [Sales] else null)

12.png

After that, we can we can use Group By function as before.

13.png

The backend M formula is below:

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WclTSUTI0MDAAUUqxOhABUzDfAM6HKjACCziBBEyQdIAFzJBUOEOMgKqIBQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Group " = _t, Sales = _t, Flag = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Group ", type text}, {"Sales", Int64.Type}, {"Flag", Int64.Type}}),
    #"Added Conditional Column" = Table.AddColumn(#"Changed Type", "Custom", each if [Flag] <> 0 then [Sales] else null),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Added Conditional Column", {"Group "}, {{"Count", each List.Sum([Sales]), type number}, {"asd", each _, type table}})
in
    #"Grouped Rows"

For more details, please check the pbix as attached.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/f9gcjkbtt7r5zhy/Sumif%20in%20Table.group%20power%20query2.pbix?dl=0

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @lavanyak,

Does that make sense? If so , kindly mark the answer as a solution to close the case, thanks in advance.

Regards,
Frank

Anonymous
Not applicable

Could you simply filter out anything with FLAG = 0 on the previous statement, then use LIST.SUM?

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @lavanyak,

In Power Query you should first filter the Flag for values equal 1 and then make the group by Group.

This will give the expected result.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.