Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

narangsumit0
Employee
Employee

Subtraction the column in a visual

I have the following table (1) showing my expenses against each vendor. Now I have created a table in Power BI showing this (2) by putting "Cost Centers" in rows, "Vendor Name" in Columns and "Invoice" in Values. Now I want to know potential savings (negotaition) opportunity with the vendors by knowing the leader in price (lowest cost vendor) to us. Can you please help me how can I get the result which is in (3). I will appreciate the help. Thanks

(1)

Vendor NameCost CentersInvoice
Toli XA21
VoiceB11
ScootC56
ScootA18
ScootB16
VoiceA21
Toli XB48
ScootA56
Toli XC89
VoiceB74
ActtoB70
ActtoC58
ActtoA49
Toli XB86
VoiceC63

(2)

Toli XVoiceScootActto
Cost Centers244169146177

(3) 

Difference from Leader
 Toli XVoiceScootActtoToli XVoiceScootActto
Cost Centers2441691461779823031
4 REPLIES 4
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @narangsumit0 ,

It's still not clear, can you explain how to get 23,0,31? Provide a formula to solve the problem faster.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for replying. Hope this would help understanding.

Capture.PNG

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@narangsumit0 , Not very clear, can you explain it. Also, I do not see any cost element

Cost element is cost center (A,B,C) which is the second header to table 1. I created a table visual in power BI using my own table. Now I want to create one more column in the same visual which will take the minium of three vendor cost center and subtract with each customer cost center to show an opportunity for savings. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.