Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

nidhisakariya
Frequent Visitor

Strange problem with line chart

Hello all,

I am facing a problem in the line chart visual.. I have a companies profit and loss data, for its 3 branches for 12 months! I have added it up and created a line chart where Y-axis is the value in the account and X-axis is the month. I have added the example of the original data over here. 

nidhisakariya_0-1693407849095.png

When I add a line garph for this data, it shows it in a very weird way.. An E is added between the number like its a lograithmic number. Whereas it is not, I have set the decimal points to 2, the Logarithm scale in Y-axis is also off. I don't understand what the problem is! Also when everything is added it sums up as 0.00, when I hover over to the markers it is 0.00 but as you see in this line chart is not 0.00 and the chart is fluctuating, according to the dataset every data point (every month) should be 0.

I have created a slicer for the companies in this case any of the company is not selected.

It would be great if any of you can help me find a solution to this problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @nidhisakariya ,

try rounding your value in with ROUND(your value, how many decimal places)

Then try if this will still happen

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
nidhisakariya
Frequent Visitor

Hello all,

I am facing a problem in the line chart visual.. I have a companies profit and loss data, for its 3 branches for 12 months! I have added it up and created a line chart where Y-axis is the value in the account and X-axis is the month. I have added the example of the original data over here. 

nidhisakariya_0-1693407849095.png

When I add a line garph for this data, it shows it in a very weird way.. An E is added between the number like its a lograithmic number. Whereas it is not, I have set the decimal points to 2, the Logarithm scale in Y-axis is also off. I don't understand what the problem is! Also when everything is added it sums up as 0.00, when I hover over to the markers it is 0.00 but as you see in this line chart is not 0.00 and the chart is fluctuating, according to the dataset every data point (every month) should be 0.

I have created a slicer for the companies in this case any of the company is not selected.

It would be great if any of you can help me find a solution to this problem.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @nidhisakariya ,

try rounding your value in with ROUND(your value, how many decimal places)

Then try if this will still happen

Hi @mussaenda 

It worked for the chart, thank you so much!

But it is not working for the average line.. I have added it the average line as well and we do not write a formula manually for that so is there a way to have it for Average line as well?

Hi @nidhisakariya ,

apply the same in average formula and i think it will also work

@mussaenda I am not writing a formula for it, I am adding it directly from the analysis tab in power bi

Hi @nidhisakariya 

if you are open to create a formula to the average, 

you can create a measure for the average the add it as a constant line

@mussaenda  It worked.. Thank you so much 🙂

mlsx4
Super User
Super User

Hi @nidhisakariya 

Are you sure "." is set for decimal values? Because you may have "," therefore, it won't work properly.

Yes, it is "."

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.