Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Stacked column with total number but percentage data label

Hello experts,

I am having hard time for last few hours on this.

i have a stacked column line chart where I created columns with total value. X axis has months and Y has total value with 5 categories in each column as each stack. Now I was asked to keep the same graph but data label would be percentage based on each column instead of total value.

so for November, if I have 5 categories as stack, the stacks should be labeled as 24%, 28%, 24 %, 12%,12% instead of real values in millions that I used to make the graph.
I tried to make measure or calculated columns for % and use them as lines . But lines do not align with categories in stack. 

Any idea how to do? 
Help will be appreciated

thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you try 100 % Stack column chart, you can see the values in percentage-

NikhilKumar_0-1602642459709.png

Appreciate your kudos!! Mark my post as solution if this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

They do not want that. With total value we are seeing a trend so they would like to keep that but data label as % 

@Anonymous , refer if this can help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWN5gq9EE8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks,

does not help though. First I do not need %of GT but column wise percentage and that's why I created measures and used as line axis, 

and is having problem as data labels for lines do not match the stacks in column chart.

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you please share some dummy data and expected results to help us clarify your scenario and test coding formula on it?

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.