Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Emmy66
Helper IV
Helper IV

Stacked Column Chart - Sorting

Hi,

Below is a sample of the stacked column chart I have, my intention is to have the highest first followed by the next one. Example below. My expected output is to have the first bar from the left (i.e. green first and followed by blue & also the red first before the green in the 2nd bar from the left etc) rather than what it's currently showing. Is this possible to achieve. Any help on this will be appreciated. 

Emmy66_1-1607642525722.png

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @Emmy66 , is this chart static? As in , does it get filtered by different slicers, see if it is static then I would recommend you to create an additional column in the backend source say a sorting column, and give it numbers 1,2,3,4 etc.' i.e. the way you want to sort the data, now post this change the data type of this column to number and in the table view sort this stacked legends by sorting column and it would appear like this, but if its dynamic that it wouldn't be possible.

Kindly mark this solution as accepted of this works fine with you.

Hi @Anonymous,thanks for your prompt response. The measure in the values field is calculated i.e. dynamically generated and not static. It seems like what I intend to achieve is not possible. Thank you so much for finding time to respond to my question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.