Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Irek
Helper II
Helper II

Stacked Bar Chart Percentage Share per category, with bars size by value.

Hello, 

It is possible to have a bar chart showing percentage by category (like second picture) but with bar size dependet from category total value like in first picture ? 

I know that I can add my % calculation to Tooltips but I need % to be visible all the time not only after mouse over . 

Irek_0-1712297796247.png

Thank you 

Marcin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gabry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can easily accomplish this. First, place the total value measure on the axis of the chart. Then, navigate to the format pane and under 'Data Label,' select 'Value.' From there, you can insert your percentage measure. This way, the columns will be sized based on value, while the data label will display the percentage

Gabry_0-1712302531725.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gabry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can easily accomplish this. First, place the total value measure on the axis of the chart. Then, navigate to the format pane and under 'Data Label,' select 'Value.' From there, you can insert your percentage measure. This way, the columns will be sized based on value, while the data label will display the percentage

Gabry_0-1712302531725.png

Thank you!!!! Easy !!!

Have a great day. 

Marcin 

Joe_Barry
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Irek 

It's possible if you create a measure for this and convert it to %. Should the Result show the % of  all employees?

You need a meausre to calculate all Employees that ignores the filter context

Employees All = CALCULATE(COUNT(Employees[EmployeeID]), ALL(Employees)

Then you need to create a % measure

% Employees = DIVIDE(COUNT(Employees[EmployeeID]), [Employees All], 0)

Convert to % and add to a clustered bar chart

Joe

If you found my answer helpful and it solved your issue, please accept as solution

Hi Joe, 

Thank you for your respond. % result should be per category like in second picture I attached. in category 0-1 year I have 1 Leap and 6 blanks, total 7 , bar chart size should be represent that (be smaller than bar chart with 10 ) but % calculation should be 1/7 and 6/7 . 

I can do value with % in Tooltips but goal is to have bar chart size for value (7) and data labels for % share in category (lenght of service) 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.