Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AlexCod
Frequent Visitor

Split Column to Rows by custom delimiter

Hello everyone!

Been fighting with this for 2 days and no success ( searched here and everywhere on google/youtube) 😞

Not even sure if this is possible but anyone has an idea how to split the column " Updated Notes " in multiple rows every time the format " ##/## " ( written in RED colour in the 1st image ) is found ??

My Table name is "On-going" that has the 6 columns from the images below.

The results i am looking to get are shown in the 2nd image

One problem that i have is that i can't use the " / " to split character as it is present also in other parts of the text (marked with blue in the 2nd Image ) that i do not need to split. 

I have tried using the "Split column" and "--Custom--" delimiter however i am not sure what to type there and also tried all the "special characters " and the results are not good. ( 3rd image )

1st Image

AlexCod_5-1676649258629.png

2nd Image

AlexCod_4-1676649116327.png

3rd Image

AlexCod_2-1676648629793.png

2 REPLIES 2
smpa01
Super User
Super User

@AlexCod  can you please paste contetnt of a test cell here

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

Yes, there u go

" 11/01 Work has now been authorised, supplier is currenlty ordering parts and will advise once a delivery date is known. 12/01 Parts are currenlty on order and due to arrive Monday / Tuesday, we will continue to chase and will advise accordingly. 16/01 Parts have not arrived with the supplier, they have chased and have been advised they are due to arrive today / Tuesday. Once they arrive they will arrange re-attendance to complete the repairs. 17/01 parts have not yet arrived with the supplier, they have advised they will chase these and come back to me. 18/01 Parts have not yet arrived, suupplier will chase and will advise once delivery date confirmed. 19/01 Supplier has advised they have a delivery date for the parts and have been advised eta approx 10 to 14 days, we will continue to chase and will advise further.25/01 Emailed for update, awaiting response 30/01 Spoken to supplier they have advised they are-attending with Parts Tuesday to complete all work. 31/01 Supplier attending the vehicle at 3pm Today to complete all work. 01/02 re-booked attendance for 03.02.2023 03/02 Technician is due to attend site this afternoon to compelte the repairs. 06/02 All work completed and vhicle is back on road. "

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.