Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tonys7568

Specify color in legend that has a rolling date

If you have a rolling date in your legend, is there any way to specify the color of the most recent date? I have gone into Visualizations>>Format>>Data Colors, and it will let you select a color for the dates that are currently listed. But tomorrow, the most recent date will have changed and a new color will be randomly assigned. I'm fine with the colors for the previous dates changing, but I would like to keep the most recent date a specific color. Any way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tonys7568 , if you are using legend you can not use conditional formatting. But if you date ax second axis(no legend) -> expand -> sort on both axis -> concatenate label off. Now you can use color using conditional formatting using a color measure

Concatenate Label off : https://youtu.be/QgI0vIGIOOk

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tonys7568 , if you are using legend you can not use conditional formatting. But if you date ax second axis(no legend) -> expand -> sort on both axis -> concatenate label off. Now you can use color using conditional formatting using a color measure

Concatenate Label off : https://youtu.be/QgI0vIGIOOk

That does work. It doesn't look the way I would want it to, but that is a limitation of the tool. Hopefully, an enhancement will be made that will just allow conditional formating in the legend.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.