Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Specified month data to show as output when the year tab is selected

Dear All,

I have to show a particular month data when the Year tab is selected in the slicer. Unable to show the same - please advise a solution.

Eg.  :

1) Have Year wise slicers : - 2018, 2019, 2020. and the base table consists of month wise headcount.

2) Closing headcount is derived, post calculation of Opening + joiners-exits. from the data base.

3) Financial starts from April to March.

Hence, when i select any year, the oputput to show closing headcount for the month of March and not a YTD Avg. or Sum of headcount.

Please help.

Regards,

Pratz.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unless you use a hierarchical slicer, you cannot filter the results you want, which is determined by your data model.

dd11.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example.

Appreciate your Kudos.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

Can you share some screenshorts around your query? It's hard to understand.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11 ,

Thank you for the prompt response, please find attached screen shot for the same : 

Output expected on selecting Year slicer should be 2 and not the total of 7 (red circled). 

please advise.

Regards,

Pratz.

Screen shot.PNG

Hi @Anonymous ,

What's the summarisation on "Closing HC" column on both Table visual and Multi-card visual?

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11,

Please find attched the link for the file : Dummy_file 

Regards,

Pratz

Hi @Anonymous ,

So on your table visual on the left, the distribution of your measures is shown by date column as you have moved date against them.

On the right Multicard visual, you haven't moved Date column therefore it's showing the total values for the measure.

When you select "FY 2020" from YEAR column, it shows the data correct as in your data table for BASE I see the for the 2019 dates you have YEAR=FY2020 value:

slicerNew.png

It looks right to me.

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I am aware that the data is correct.

However i want to change the optput : 

Instead of sum of closing headcount (7), need to show the calculated closing HC (2) for the month of July'19, when Year tab (FY 2020) is selected. 

please advise.

Regards,

Pratz

Hi @Anonymous ,

A question here, why you just want to display JUL'2019 results in multicard visual? Is there any logic you are trying to implement here based on your YEAR column?

If this helps and resolves the issue, appreciate a Kudos and mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Pragati11 ,

Please advise, if it can be show in some other way.

Regards,

Pratz

Hi @Anonymous ,

Unless you use a hierarchical slicer, you cannot filter the results you want, which is determined by your data model.

dd11.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.