Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sort Categorical X-Axis by Date

Here's an analogous example of what I'm doing:

I have a table of values with one row per customer which also has columns for the number of days they have been a customer as well as the date each of their companies was established. The table looks something like this:

CustomerEstablished DateDays As Customer
A2/15/2017125
B5/12/201878
C6/3/201934

I want to create a column chart that has one column per Customer, sorted by their company's Established Date on the X-Axis, with the Days As Customer being the value per column. I can create a table of Customer vs Days As Customer just fine, but I need it to be sorted by Established Date on the X-Axis, which I can't seem to do. Is there a way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can sort your customer by established date, to do so, go to modelling tab, select Customer column and from menu, choose sort by column  option and select established date to sort customer.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous you can sort your customer by established date, to do so, go to modelling tab, select Customer column and from menu, choose sort by column  option and select established date to sort customer.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.