Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Sharmilshah
Regular Visitor

Slowness in SharePoint to PowerBI data loading

Hello,

I have basic knowledge of PowerBI and in my current use case, I am building a powerBI report. It has a live data connector to sharepoint lists which has 6000+ rows and 199 columns. I removed all unnecessary columns. There are columns which are in record form and I retrieve few columns from it. To be precise, 4 columns from 1 record by using convert to columns button and selected 4 columns. From another record, I selected 2 columns.

Question: When I apply changes data loads too slow starts with 1KB and goes into multiple of 2 KB. It takes 2 hours to load 75MB data. How should I improve performance of loading data? This mainly happens after I fetch columns from record. Also I am unable to use Implentation 2.0 while fetching data through SharePoint URL.

1 REPLY 1
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

You can try using incremental refresh, or put the query into a dataflow and connect to that instead of directly to the list. That offloads some of the processing. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.