Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MuthalibAbdul
Frequent Visitor

Slicers on ArcGIS in PowerBI

Hello BI Super Users,

So I have very particular requirement to map data points with the help of Latitude and longitude. I have 2 data sets, one employee with Lat and Lon, second locations with Lat and Lon. These data sets have another column as type to differentiate between employee and locations and color then differently. Now the datasets have been merged into one. Got 3 slicers. 1) where we be able to select all the employee or locations (the same type column I was refering to), second slicer for all employees to be able to select an option, third for locations. When I click on one slicer, say all employee, all the other slicers go blank. 

The workaround is to edit interactions and disable them for all 3 slicers. Worked perfectly as I wanted. However, now when I click 1 location, it is mapped perfectly and I can see other options in other slicers, so now I click all employee to be able to see which employees are closer, however, the map goes blank with the selected location disappearing too. 

Ihv looked everywhere and apparently, still have not been able to find a solution that actually works 100% although the interaction thing worked fine. 

1 REPLY 1
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MuthalibAbdul 

Make sure the slicer is configured to allow multi-selection. This can be done by setting the radio option to off in the slicer settings. In this way, selecting an option in one slicer does not deselect the other.

If your report spans multiple pages and you want to preserve slicer selections across those pages, consider using the Synchronize Slicers feature. This may not directly solve your problem, but it can be helpful in complex reports that require consistent filtering across pages. For guidance on synchronizing slicers, see Synchronizing slicers across multiple pages of a report:

Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.