Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gftot2
Frequent Visitor

Slicer does not completely filter values in columns from two tables

Hello, In this example, I have two tables where I want to retrieve the column Model and Part Number (they have the same values) and via slicer, look for these references and display both columns.

I was able to achieve this by following the solution in this post: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Once-Slicer-for-multiple-columns/m-p/407949

The slicer works if I put only those two columns (Part Number and Model), but if I try to add quantities and other values, the slicer does not filter based on search, only put the value searched on top. What I want is to compare quantities and other values from both tables, and that by searching the Model or Number in the slicer, retrieves only the value I want to search.

gftot2_0-1642599539832.png

I believe I read somewhere that it's due to measures, but I'm not totally sure and I hope the community can help me to shed some light here. 

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gftot2 , This is because the measure is only using the filter. and Qty does not.  You need to create a measure for QTY too

Ideal is have dimension table joining to the facts

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gftot2
Frequent Visitor

Hi @amitchandak , thanks for your reply. Sorry, I'm somewhat new to Power Bi, when you say that the ideal thing is to have dimension table, do you mean merging the content of the two tables into one new table?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@gftot2 , This is because the measure is only using the filter. and Qty does not.  You need to create a measure for QTY too

Ideal is have dimension table joining to the facts

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.