Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Showing your Data source in the Power BI report

I am in the middle of changing my Power BI reports from Dev to Prod and I thought it would be a nice touch to have the data source mentioned somewhere on the report (In this case the data source is a data set for my reporting pbix)

Is there something in DAX or M I can do to display the data source?

Thanks in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @DebbieE ,

I haven't tried it but have to tried taking this dataset name in a query parameter in Power BI?

You can then set Enable Load on your query parameter and then can use this to display dataset name on your report.

See below, I created a new query parameter in Query editor in Power BI with following settings giving value as my dataset name:

Pragati11_0-1613644398367.png

The I checked the "ENABLE LOAD" option on this parameter:

Pragati11_1-1613644466176.png

Once I close and apply settings, I can use this parameter value on the report:

Pragati11_2-1613644584168.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

Currently if you are connecting to power bi datasets, you can only see the dataset name in the bottom right corner of power bi desktop:
name.png

If the connection mode is not Live connection, you can use parameters which is mentioned by @ Pragati11 to show the dataset name.

You can also refer this simliar issue: Display Query Parameter Values as a Label on a Report 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

Currently if you are connecting to power bi datasets, you can only see the dataset name in the bottom right corner of power bi desktop:
name.png

If the connection mode is not Live connection, you can use parameters which is mentioned by @ Pragati11 to show the dataset name.

You can also refer this simliar issue: Display Query Parameter Values as a Label on a Report 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @DebbieE ,

I haven't tried it but have to tried taking this dataset name in a query parameter in Power BI?

You can then set Enable Load on your query parameter and then can use this to display dataset name on your report.

See below, I created a new query parameter in Query editor in Power BI with following settings giving value as my dataset name:

Pragati11_0-1613644398367.png

The I checked the "ENABLE LOAD" option on this parameter:

Pragati11_1-1613644466176.png

Once I close and apply settings, I can use this parameter value on the report:

Pragati11_2-1613644584168.png

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.