Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TimWend1235
Regular Visitor

Show same report page but with different Filter applied

Hi there!

I have created a report page in Power BI Desktop which merges all data from different company locations into one visualisation.

This looks great, but is not suitable for comparing those different locations next to each other. I currently have a filter visual allowing me to filter onto each and every location on its own - based on row level security. Meaning: I have users that are able to view 30 locations, then some that are only able to view 2/3. No user is able to see all 100 locations at once.

Now what I need is: a way to dynamically display all of the locations each user is allowed to see next to each other in this specific report page.

I am glad for any Idea you might have.

Big thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TimWend1235 ,

You have already applied RLS on dataset, that means the dataset was already filtered on data level.

If you want a user to see data that doesn't belong to him/her, then you can only redefine a new role for him/her.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi jay,

i think i wasnt clear on what the problem is, sorry.

The problem is not within RLS, each user is able to view report page with according locations.

But I want to duplicate the report page for each available location.

Hope this clarifies.

Best regards

Tim

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.