Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

darshaningale
Resolver II
Resolver II

Show future 4 quarters based on current quarter selected in slicer

I have a date dimension in my slicer with Year & Quarter selected.

I have a fact table containing the measures. The fact table also contains a date related with the date in date dimension.

As of now if i select any quarter in slicer, the measures are shown only for one quarter.

I need to show measures for further 4 quarters including the selected quarter.

P.S. I cannot change the slicer as it is in sync with other pages in the report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darshaningale ,

You can refer to this blog: Display Last N Months & Selected Month using Single Date Dimension in Power BI – Some Random Thought....

It shows how to use the same date dimension for displaying the last N months (say, in a bar chart) and the data for selected month (say, in a card visual). Modify it and you will get what you want.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @darshaningale ,

You can refer to this blog: Display Last N Months & Selected Month using Single Date Dimension in Power BI – Some Random Thought....

It shows how to use the same date dimension for displaying the last N months (say, in a bar chart) and the data for selected month (say, in a card visual). Modify it and you will get what you want.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This solution works if you have one measure from one fact table to show in one graph.. But if you have second measure from another fact table to show in same graph , it will not work.
However i am marking this as solution for one measure from one fact table.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@darshaningale , You need to use an independent date table(in the slicer for that).  if you need to show trend. If not you can use rolling 

Rolling 4 = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESINPERIOD('Date'[Date ],MAX('Date'[Date ]),-4,QUARTER))

This will not show trend

For trend (means show 4 qtr, follow)

Need of an Independent Date Table:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44fGGmg9fHI

As i mentioned my slicer is in sync with slicer in other report pages in the report...Can i sync the independent slicer with the date dimension used in other report pages ?

@darshaningale , No Only date slicer can sync with date. But with that showing trend is a bit of challenge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.