Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

lardo5150
Employee
Employee

SharePoint List Keeps Appending In DataSet

I am grabbing a SharePoint list in PowerBi.

There are 6000 rows.

When I do a refresh, in PowerBi, it jumps to 12000.

Rinse and Repeat.

For some reason, instead of just refreshing the data, it is taking whats there, and appending it to what I have already.

Did I miss a setting or is there a way to just get a clean refresh each time?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Access requests list items from a SharePoint list, Access waits a finite period of time for that data to be returned. Specifically, if Access doesn’t receive the data for the given batch after 30 seconds, it aborts the request and may resend the batch as a new request. If Access encounters failures when sending these batches, the program may give up and return an error message.

Some conditions that may cause this issue are:

• There's a problem with the health of the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019, for example, it runs slowly.
  • You have a low-bandwidth connection.
  • You have a large or complex SharePoint list or document library.
  • There's a long distance between you and the server.
  • There are more than 255 columns in the SharePoint list or document library.
  • You are throttled when you use SharePoint Online. For more information about throttling in SharePoint Online.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

When Access requests list items from a SharePoint list, Access waits a finite period of time for that data to be returned. Specifically, if Access doesn’t receive the data for the given batch after 30 seconds, it aborts the request and may resend the batch as a new request. If Access encounters failures when sending these batches, the program may give up and return an error message.

Some conditions that may cause this issue are:

• There's a problem with the health of the Microsoft SharePoint Server 2019, for example, it runs slowly.
  • You have a low-bandwidth connection.
  • You have a large or complex SharePoint list or document library.
  • There's a long distance between you and the server.
  • There are more than 255 columns in the SharePoint list or document library.
  • You are throttled when you use SharePoint Online. For more information about throttling in SharePoint Online.
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi  @lardo5150 ,

How  are you getting the information from sharepoint? Is it made from a sharepoint folder or just a sharepoint?

Do you have an ID column on your list? check in the PBI if it's doubling the ID.

Can you share more information about the query you are using for the sharepoint list?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.