Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sent email to external users

1. We have a requirement to send reports to  external customers(Outside of organization). When we try adding any external email id to a Power BI report it is not letting us add and throw below error. Can you please help enable the External Email addition capability to fulfill our project requirement.

“ The tenant administrator has disabled the ability to add recipients outside of your organization “

Is there any other way we can achive using Power apps or Microsoft flow to send email alerts.

2. Schedule refresh is disabled in my power bi services level so how can i bring the latest data, suppose here am using azure sql is my source and i am trying to add few records in db and getting the records in power bi desktop and when i refresh into power bi service the latest data is not coming, is there any otherway we can do the latest data?

Failure.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

For the 2nd question, please check if the gateway connection and dataset credentials are configured successfully. Only when they are configured successfully can we set schedelued refresh.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

For the 2nd question, please check if the gateway connection and dataset credentials are configured successfully. Only when they are configured successfully can we set schedelued refresh.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , You can not share with external users. You can Forward the mail you recieved or refer to this, how you can do this using Azure AD B2B

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/admin/service-admin-azure-ad-b2b

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak  do yo have any ideaon 2nd point

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.