Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Phsc1
Regular Visitor

Selection of data "pairs "

HI all

I have a data set with price data, where prices are on a One Way basis.. 

I am looking to create a visual where i can display the City Pair, i.e.  LON-NYC and NYC-LON dates in pair, each with its own set of dates in a grid.
So when a routing is selected, i.e. LONNYC, you are presented with available dates on OUT dates and HOME dates independently in seperate visuals.

like this:

Phsc1_0-1709647979031.png
my data looks like this:

OUT

Phsc1_1-1709648087208.png

HOME

Phsc1_2-1709648108443.png

I have created the column ROUTE with the  CONCATENATE function

but I cannot find a way to "bind" the city pair into one selection,  with two independant visuals like described above.

Does any one have a creative idea on how to achieve this?

Cheers

2 REPLIES 2
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Phsc1 ,

It seems that you want to create a slicer visual that filters both OUT and HOME visuals based on the selected city pair. You need to create a table that has unique city pairs and use it as the source for your slicer. The slicer will then control both OUT and HOME visuals through relationships or measures that filter data based on the selected city pair.

I think you can choose the visual you wish to add a slicer to. Click on the “Format” tab. Select “Edit Interactions”. Choose the desired slicer. Customize the slicer’s settings.

vyilongmsft_0-1709707155513.png

You can read this document for a further study: Slicers in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your message and suggestion

I have tried to do as suggested, but I cannot find a way to Control both OUT and HOME dates simultaneously as you write.  
I do have a table with the City pairs, called ROUTE:

Phsc1_0-1710145539080.png

But it is the Pairs CPHWER and EWRCPH as two routes

So the only thing I can make work, is two independently working sliders; one that relates to OUT dates and another one (opposite routing) on HOME dates.
like this:

Phsc1_1-1710145539080.png

I am looking for a way to have one "button in one click": so CPHEWR updates the two visuals OUT and HOME  dates , basically also updating (HOME) the opposite routing at the same time.

is that possible?

Cheers

Philip

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.