Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

fabianotodao
Regular Visitor

Select data linkage axis stack bar and line graphic

Hello guys,

I would like some help with the following situation:

I created a stacked bar and line graphic to show the Turnover per category, Year vs last Year, Actual vs Plan. When I put that information the graphic shows perfect:

• TO as column value (primary axis);
  • Category as column series (primary axis);
  • % YoY and Actual vs Plan as line (secondary axis).

But when I put the TO as line, to see at the graphic, the sun of all categories, it linked directly with the secondary axis, changing it from % to $.

Is possible to select the linked axis per data, like we do in Excel, to switch the Sun TO line to Primary axis? If yes, how I do it?

If not, do I have other solution to show this information without be only in Tooltip?

Thanks for the help,

Fabiano.

7 REPLIES 7
fabianotodao
Regular Visitor

Hello @v-xulin-mstf, thanks for the solution to share the example.

Dear all, below is the link to the Excel file that I made with some data example and 2 graphics, one with the expectation and the other simulating the Power BI output.

Link-to-file 

Could you help me to achieve the expected result?

Thanks for attention,

Fabiano.

Hi @fabianotodao,

You can build algorithms to make total appear as a percentage of what you expect.

I'm not clear the calculation logic of 'vs Plan' and 'vs LY'.

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-xulin-mstf ,
Explain the “vs Plan” and “vs LY”, they are respective:
- Actual Turnover against Planed Turnover;
- Actual Turnover against Same period Last Year Turnover.

Unfortunately, my question still the same, how I can show a line with the total Turnover in $ that do not change the % axis that is linked if the variations against Plan and Last Year?

In Excel the solution is simple, just link the Total Turnover line with the Primary axis and the other lines with the Secondary axis, but I don’t know how to do this in Power BI.

Thanks in advance for your attention,
Fabiano.

Hi @fabianotodao

Sorry, it is not supported.

The three lines need to be the same unit.

Best Regards,
Link

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xulin-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fabianotodao,

Sorry, i'm not clear about your expected output.

Could you provide sample data and expected output after removing sensitive data?
Sample data and expected output would help tremendously.
Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly:
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Best Regards,
Link

Dear Link, I'm trying to put here one table and two picture of graphics, but always appear the error messenger: "Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

not allowing me to replay the topic.

How I can solve this?

Thanks in advance,

Fabiano.

Hi @fabianotodao,

You can put the sample data and images on a network drive and then share the public link.

Best Regards,

Link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.