Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ac1767

Search option using zip codes

Hi,

I am trying to create a search box that allows user to type in zip code and return top 5 clients in that zip code. It seems I can only search by text and I need to be able to use zip codes. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

you seem to be using a custom visual.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
ac1767

Is there another way I can create a search box that someone can type a zip code into and the top 5 clients will populate? 

Use the regular filter pane?

Thank you for responding! I appreciate your assistance. It looks like I had to update my data fields as you mentioned in the begining. Once I changed my settings it started working. I appreciate all your help. 

I am obvisioulsy doing something wrong and am not able to get it to work otherwise I would not be on here asking for help. I understand that the regular filter pane is an option but I do not know how to use it since I am not achieving my results. If someone could please assist me with how I can Create a search box to enter a zip code and have the top five clients return to a table I would greatly appreciate it. I thank any one that is willing to assist me. 

ac1767

Is there another way I can create a seach box that a zip code can be entered into and top 5 clients be returned? 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Are you saying your ZIP code column is not a text column?

It is a text column but I am not able to search by zip code. It is only letting me search by letters. 

ac1767_0-1713800576432.pngac1767_1-1713800618141.png

you seem to be using a custom visual.

The custom visual was a success. Thanks again for all your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.