Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DemoFour
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Scatter graph with values from two tables that have no relationship

Hi peeps, 

I am trying to build a scatter graph with two data points, stored in seperate tables. 

I have 4 tables:

Clients = 1 row per client with a unique ID

Risk = Many rows per client based on a timestamp with unique ID depending on how many assessments have been undertaken

Outcome = many rows per client based on a timestamp with a unique ID depending on how many assessments have been undertaken

Date Table
Model.png

The model is working OK, as I have created measures to give me the visuals and results I need when looking at first or last value in each table. 

However what I need to do is to create a scatter graph that has:

The Risk level # ( 1 - 4 ) for each intervention on the X axis

The Outcome score for each intervention on the Y axis - this is an average score as a number 

This will show all the pairs of assessments and compare each score

When I place each value in the visual it will not work as there is no relationship between the two tables (the model shows this) and as I have 3 fact tables it is not really a star schema. 

My question is: 

How can I bring each data point into the scatter graph? 

I thought that I can create a measure that will give me each clients individual average score to put into the visual and not have a need for a relationship between the two columns, because the measure will add the values for me. . . but I think I am overthinking in my rush to meet the deadline. . . 

here is the column, that I want replicate each score e.g. 16791 would have 7 points of data from this table and 7 points from the other table in the visual (I have a different unique ID this is part of the table) 

table OS.png

I think this is pretty straight forwards, but I currently have brain freeze, hence reaching out on the forum. 

Thanks for any help 🙂 

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DemoFour ,

I'm not very clear about your requirement. Could you please share some sample data(exclude sensitive data) in table Clients, Risk and Outcome and your expected result with backend logic and specific examples in order to provide you a suitable solution? It is better if you can share a simple sample pbix file. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yiruan-msft 

My apologies for not replying, I will draw something together and then add the file. thank you for your offer of help, I will get back to you ASAP. 

Have a nice day. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.