Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bvy
Helper V
Helper V

Scatter Visual Only Shows 3500 Data Points - How to work around this?

The Scatter Visual seems to limit the number of data points it will render to 3500.

bvy_1-1715105842677.png

This is fine, but my issue is this: When I make a rectangular lasso selection in the Scatter, it only selects from the points that it decided to render. How can I expand the selection to include ALL the points in the selected region? 

For example, if I select a region that has 100 points, but only 30 of them are rendered in the Scatter Visual, I want the other visuals to show insights on ALL the points in that region – not just the 30 selected.

I wrote a measure along these lines just to count data points: 

Total in Region (including hidden) = CALCULATE(
   DISTINCTCOUNTNOBLANK(Table1[ID]), 
   Table1[X_img] >= MIN(Table1[X_img]) && 
   Table1[X_img] <= MAX(Table1[X_img]) && 
   Table1[Y_img] >= MIN(Table1[Y_img]) &&
   Table1[Y_img] <= MAX(Table1[Y_img])
)

bvy_0-1715106318466.png

It sort of works, but it's hit or miss when other selections are made, and I don't think it's the best way anyway. Ideally, I could capture the two opposite cornes of the selection rectangle and have those as parmaters I could use in other measures for filtering. Not sure. 

Can anyone help? Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3
bvy
Helper V
Helper V

It is important to me and I will do that. But I still need a workaround. 

Anyone else? 

Consider using Drillthrough rather than lasso. Have a shadow copy of your data and display that with the delta x / delta y filters you mentioned.

Or use zoom sliders.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If this is important to you please consider voting for an existing idea or raising a new one at https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/?forum=2d80fd4a-16cb-4189-896b-e0dac5e08b41

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.