Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Elias_Gda

Scatter Plot: Multiple data points at the same place

Hi,

I'm pretty new to Power BI and need help with a problem I've encountered. I have a sharepoint list about Software Use Case Ideas. Every Use Case has a long and short description. My boss wants these use cases categorized on 2 dimensions: Office <-> Business and External <-> Internal. I've assigned values in these categories from -100 to 100 for each Use Case. Problem is: Some UseCases have the same X and Y coordinates. For example:

XYUseCase
-5020UC 1

UC 2

5050UC 3
5050UC 4

I want to visualize this data in a scatter plot. This works very well, but the problem is, that when I hover on a UseCase it only shows me one Use Case, instead of all Use Cases at the same point.

My first idea was that I create a ToolTip/QuickInfo site, that shows me all Use Cases at this spot. Sadly I didn't manage to get the result I wanted.

My second idea was to create a separate column that includes all short descriptions from datapoints at the same point as the point I'm hovering on. Here I didn't really know, how to do such a formula.

Can anybody help me with one of these ideas or has a third idea they can show me? Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Elias_Gda

I was able to find a solution myself. I combined the coordinates in one column like this "X###Y###" and then created a second tabled where I grouped the rows at the same coordinates using this tutorial: https://gorilla.bi/power-query/group-by-to-concatenate-text/

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Elias_Gda

I was able to find a solution myself. I combined the coordinates in one column like this "X###Y###" and then created a second tabled where I grouped the rows at the same coordinates using this tutorial: https://gorilla.bi/power-query/group-by-to-concatenate-text/

Elias_Gda

Hello @DataInsights,

thanks for your answer. Sadly this doesn't solve my problem completely, because it adds the Use Cases of all lines.  How do I need to write the filter, that it only adds the Use Cases at the same X and Y coordinates? 

DataInsights
Super User
Super User

@Elias_Gda,

Create a measure like this and add it as a tooltip. It displays each UseCase on a separate line.

Tooltip Measure =
CONCATENATEX ( Table1, Table1[UseCase] & UNICHAR ( 10 ) )

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.