Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RobvB
Frequent Visitor

SamePeriodLastYear - does not work when adding date to the table?

There are a ton of posts here about SamePeriodLastyear, but I have not been able to find one that describes my problem:

* Using AutoQuery to SQL

* Created Dates table using CalendarAuto(12)

* Created relation from my transaction table date field to the Dates table

* Measure: TotalSales = SUM(ITK_Retail_AM_ITKRetailTransactionsView[AALINEAMOUNT])

* Measure: TotalSalesLastYear = CALCULATE(ITK_Retail_AM_ITKRetailTransactionsView[TotalSales], SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(ITK_Dates[Date]))

* If I create a table to show just TotalSales and TotalSalesLastYear, it works. I can filter on (for instance) category, and it shows the proper numbers for that category:

working.jpg

However, when I add the date column to the table, the numbers are not correct for the line, but they are for the totals. On the line level it shows the same amount for both columns.

(Note that the date slicer on top is set to make sure all dates in the table are selected)

NotWorking.jpg

What am I missing here ?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RobvB , you need to add a date column from the date table ITK_Dates. you need to use ITK_Dates[Date]

View solution in original post

mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Use the Date column from your date table intead of the TransDate column from fact table.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

Use the Date column from your date table intead of the TransDate column from fact table.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RobvB , you need to add a date column from the date table ITK_Dates. you need to use ITK_Dates[Date]

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.