Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

akhaliq7
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Sales and Cancellations in one table

I have been given power bi report requirements:

- Create an orders report with sales and cancellations
- Each sale and cancellation is generated by doing a union/merge of three queries this is because the sales need to have a 1 next it and the cancellations need to have a -1. There has to be a sum of all the rows to get a sum of values in other words a number of current orders. If this requirement is not followed then there will be orders with a sale date of a different year to the cancellation date and the count will be incorrect.
- Finally that sum needs to match the number of rows in the filter panel row count.

How can I achieve this and if I can't can someone recommend any way I can come close to a solution, also any links to any reading material would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@akhaliq7 , if you have three tables, which are like facts, then create common dimensions and try to analyze the data

https://amitchandak.medium.com/power-bi-when-i-asked-you-to-create-common-tables-a-quick-dax-solutio...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.