Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SUMMARIZE WITH FILTER FOR FUTURE DATES

Hi @Ashish_Mathur @amitchandak @Greg_Deckler and others

thanks in advance

I have a complex calculation on a line fact table, am trying to filter the line item of LetterDate or LastDate by line key based on the future dates.

I have created the virtual table but its looking first line key ( first key based on the loan key) but its error.

Calculation which i have used is:

Loan Virtal Table = SUMMARIZE(
'Loan',
'Loan'[LoanKey] ,
"LineKey",
CALCULATE (
FIRSTNONBLANK (
'Loan'[LineKey],
'Loan'[LineKey]
),
FILTER (
'Loan',
'Loan'[LetterDate] >= TODAY ()
||'Loan'[LastDate] >= TODAY ()
)))

LetterDate = LOOKUPVALUE(Loan[LetterDate],Loan[LineKey],'Loan Virtal Table'[LineKey])

LastDate = LOOKUPVALUE(Loan[LastDate],Loan[LineKey],'Loan Virtal Table'[LineKey])

1.PNG2.PNG

file name sample 1.pbx

Regards,
chetan 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
You can create a calculated column that matches the your condition in the fact table before summarize a table.

first Linekey = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Loan[LineKey],1),FILTER(Loan,'loan'[LetterDate] >= TODAY ()
                ||'Loan'[LastDate] >= TODAY ()),FILTER(Loan,Loan[LoanKey]=EARLIER(Loan[LoanKey])))

Pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/paul_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EVj80B6L7KhEsQ-ICJ0qapQBBUJgcstxmReJXJP_9abAyQ?e=YtHa8a

Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
You can create a calculated column that matches the your condition in the fact table before summarize a table.

first Linekey = CALCULATE(FIRSTNONBLANK(Loan[LineKey],1),FILTER(Loan,'loan'[LetterDate] >= TODAY ()
                ||'Loan'[LastDate] >= TODAY ()),FILTER(Loan,Loan[LoanKey]=EARLIER(Loan[LoanKey])))

Pbix: https://qiuyunus-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/paul_qiuyunus_onmicrosoft_com/EVj80B6L7KhEsQ-ICJ0qapQBBUJgcstxmReJXJP_9abAyQ?e=YtHa8a

Paul Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not clear with your question.  Please explain the business context, share a simple dataset and show the expected result.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to your post what I understood is

Ex: "A" is a landlord and "B" is Tentant and like wise "A" is having multiple Tentants ("C/D/E/F/G/H")
Tenant "B" is leasing home from "A" and the lease has StartDate and EndDate.

Landlord "A" wants to be intimated based on the nearing date for tenant "A"
as he might increase the Lease amount and Lease Agreement.

You dataset has the "Letterdate" as "lease startdate" and "LastDate" as "Lease EndDate".

I was thinking of workaround by using If Condition

NotifyLandlord=if(data[LastDate]>= TODAY(),1,0)

if the value returns as 1 then it is indication that Landlord "A" has to follow up with "B" on further process.

1.PNG2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous  your current on the but the if the condition was not working because it gives 1 for all the customer id

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , expected output is not very clear. Can you provide that

Anonymous
Not applicable

- Need Future Dates linekey for the Last Date, Letter Date which is >= Today and its only recent upcoming linekey 

Example

When the Last Date is 4/1/2019 and  Letter Date is 5/1/2021  this is True then I need to consider the linekey 

When the Last Date is 5/1/2021 and  Letter Date is 4/1/2019 this is True then I need to consider the linekey 

When the Last Date is 4/1/2018 and  Letter Date is 4/1/2019 this is False then ignore the linekey

3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.