Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TGameson2024

SQL throwing blank data into Power BI models despite thorough troubleshooting on both sides.

Hello,

I use SQL server to connect our data to our Power BI models.  There has not been a problem before but it just the SQL packages just started throwing blank data. Yes, I can reproduce it every time.  Yes, I have conducted all troubleshooting with regard to data/reports, creating new SQL packages, reviewing the Power BI models and coding. There is nothing that I am aware of that has changed, not the data/reports, columns or our model in SQL or Power BI. There is no error message to screenshot because the SQL package runs fine and the Power BI refresh runs fine.  Once I refresh the SQL upload in Power BI the data uploaded is blank. Then the visuals are no longer working due to data being blank.  In addition, I walked through all the troubleshooting steps multiple times and continue to get the same results.  It leads me back to the facts, the data is correct and what Power BI expects to see when it is uploaded to SQL but when it is refreshed in Power BI it is blank.  Something between SQL and Power BI is at issue. Any ideas on how I can get the data in from SQL or why the data continue to come in blank?

TGameson2024

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TGameson2024

This issue has been resolved.  The solution was the file name of the package set up in SQL must be identical to the table name that Power BI is expecting to receive.  Once I ensured they were named exactly the same, the issue was resolved. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TGameson2024

This issue has been resolved.  The solution was the file name of the package set up in SQL must be identical to the table name that Power BI is expecting to receive.  Once I ensured they were named exactly the same, the issue was resolved. 

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TGameson2024 ,

Can you please share some more detail information about this issue? They should help us clarify your scenario and test to troubleshoot.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.