Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jaytrice26
Helper I
Helper I

SP list data is not importing correctly into Power BI

In my SP list it shows me all the offices that I manage hardware for and what they have in inventory per item. (For example: the Austin office has 23 professional laptops, 30 docking stations, 50 webcams. They also have a pending order for 50 monitors.)It also shows me if they have pending orders for additional equipment. For some reason when I connect to my SP list from Power BI, none of the data is coming through correctly. Or I should say none of the column names come through and I'm not sure if that's why the rest of the data is not showing correctly. Where it would show me the name of the product( i.e. professional laptop, docking station, webcam, monitor) it is only showing random numbers and letters. In my SP site I have several columns but the only ones I choose to pull in are: part, part: description, location, current inventory, pending inventory, preferred inventory. When I view the table in power bi it is showing column names of: filesystemobjecttype, contenttypeid, authorid, editor, odata_uiversionstring, attachements to name a few. None of the data in those columns are what is shown in my SP list. How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @jaytrice26 ,

You might have chosen the wrong implementation.

Below is implementation 2

danextian_0-1693441907117.png

Below is implementation 1

danextian_1-1693441956327.png

These were my settings:

danextian_2-1693442056856.png

Click the wrench icon next to Source applied step to modify the settings.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jaytrice26
Helper I
Helper I

@danextian This solved my issue and it was so easy!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can finally build my report and make it live instead of having to go in everyday and update it manually!!!

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @jaytrice26 ,

You might have chosen the wrong implementation.

Below is implementation 2

danextian_0-1693441907117.png

Below is implementation 1

danextian_1-1693441956327.png

These were my settings:

danextian_2-1693442056856.png

Click the wrench icon next to Source applied step to modify the settings.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.