Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HeidiTr
Frequent Visitor

Running Total suddenly reduced / stutters

Dear community

I have made a running total for the number of new patients in my organization. The formula is composed of three parts; the number of patients at the end of 2020 (611), running total for new patients up until last month, and running total based on a forecast model for future months. 

LøbendeAntal = 611 
+ CALCULATE(
	COUNTROWS('Forløb (udtræk)'), 
        'Forløb (udtræk)'[Kategori] = "Henvisning", 
        FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Forløb (udtræk)'), 'Forløb (udtræk)'[Dato] <= MAX('Forløb (udtræk)'[Dato])))
+ CALCULATE(
	COUNTROWS('Forecast'), 
        'Forecast'[Kategori] = "Henvisning", 
        FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Forecast), Forecast[Dato] <= MAX(Forecast[Dato]))) 

However, it seems something is wrong as a 'stutter' in the running total appears. This happens 3 times in the curve.

HeidiTr_0-1622711144157.png

I have figured out it is a part of the second part of the equation, but cannot figure out how to fix it. There are no "reducements" in the data. It should only go up, up, up.

Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @HeidiTr ,

It's werid.Your report works fine on my side 😅. And I did not do any chanages except for changing the slicer's selected range:

works fine.PNG

My Power BI Desktop version is 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021) , please upgrade yours and try again.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeidiTr ,

I have built a data sample to test your measure, but everything works fine.

Measure = 
   CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Table'),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Table'),'Table'[Date]<=MAX('Table'[Date]))) 
+  CALCULATE(COUNTROWS('Forecast'),FILTER(ALLSELECTED('Forecast'),'Forecast'[Date]<=MAX('Forecast'[Date])))

count.PNG

So please first check on which days the data is wrong or just share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data so that I could have a test again.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Dear Eyelin

Thank you so much for looking into it. As a new member of the community I don't have the option to attach files, but you should be able to access it through this link: https://we.tl/t-Lb7qLCw1CX

The first decline happens at between May-Nov '27, and then again in '29 and '31. If I remember coorectly.

/Heidi

Hi @HeidiTr ,

It's werid.Your report works fine on my side 😅. And I did not do any chanages except for changing the slicer's selected range:

works fine.PNG

My Power BI Desktop version is 2.93.981.0 64-bit (May 2021) , please upgrade yours and try again.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

I can only get the March '21 update, as it is my work computer and the admin only allows for new updates a few times a year. I'm gonna have to wait for a few months, but I believe you are right 😊

Wait, what! I'm relieved, but also a bit annoyed haha - I've spent soooo many hours trying to figure it out. I'm gonna have to check which version I have, and I'll post an update and mark the post solved afterwards. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.