Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mpcosmin
Frequent Visitor

Row Level Division with Column Total

Hello, this is what I need to do and I am stuck a little bit. This is the request: I need to sum up the values from "FTRP" from the last processes and divide that sum by each product (FTRP / full FPY). You can see the details bellow:

5.1.3 1.PNG

5.1.3 2.PNG
So I've done this:
Summed up all the material values from the LAST(1) "FIRST_PASS_QTY", which is highlighted by the (2) "Last_Process" column,
and divided it by: The same value (1)"FIRST_PASS_QTY" / (3) "5.1.3 Material FPY"

Here is my matrix:

power bi community 2.png

My logic is:
(1) Sum up the values from the last processes and (2) ( divide them by each material's last value wich is (3) divided by the material's FPY )
Dax Logic: 

5.1.3 Material Aggregated Values=

DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('QKPI_PROCESS_QUANTITIES (Facts)'[FIRST_PASS_QTY]), V_QKPI_PROCESS_ATTRIBUTES[IS_LAST] = 1), 
DIVIDE(CALCULATE(SUM('QKPI_PROCESS_QUANTITIES (Facts)'[FIRST_PASS_QTY]), V_QKPI_PROCESS_ATTRIBUTES[IS_LAST] = 1), [5.1.3 Material FPY]))  // Where [5.1.3 material FPY] is the product of all "DESCRIPTION_SHORT" FPY's.

The problem is that my dax is doing: 
6515/(6151/84.96%)  

I need it to do:
6515/ ( 4850/85.58% + 1645/80.53% + 20/60%)

Hope I'm clear with my request,
Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mpcosmin ,

The logic of the formula does not seem to be much of a problem, can you provide some test data to facilitate me to answer for you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

HI @v-henryk-mstf .
Thanks for reaching out. Can you work with this dataset?
I've exported the data from the table.

How can I ulpoad the dataset?

.csv or .xlsx is not supported

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.