Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ira_Ira
Frequent Visitor

Revenue for Month vs Cumulative YTD Target

Hi there,

I am working on a task where I need to compare the revenue for a selected month in one year (2023) to the YTD target (which is <= to the month being selected/filtered on the visual) 
To give a concrete example if I filter on March 2023 I want to see the YTD target for Jan up till and incl. March, while if I filter on June I want to compare the YTD target for Jan up till and incl. June. 
The idea to visualize it I had to use a gauge visual in PowerBI where if I filter on a selected month I can see what is the revenue (either actual or %) vs. the YTD target.

I tried all kinds fo approaches with TOTALYTD or just via CALCULATE to calculate the YTD Target and the YTD Revenue and nothing seems to work. Any idea on how to fix this would be highly appreciated! 

This is a sample of the data:

(There are multiple unique Opp Id's and there are 2 teams with a different monthly target per team. 

The revenue is per Opp Id but needs to be aggregated to a Team level to compare vs. target.)

Opp ID TeamMonthYearRevenueTarget 
1small businessJan2023200540
1small businessFeb2023340565
1small businessMar2023346400
4big businessJan2023765700
4big businessFeb20239871100
4big businessMar202334563000
1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If you want to use time intelligence functions your data model needs to include a calendar table with contiguous and covering dates.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.