Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Solfieri
Frequent Visitor

Retained Earnings breaking Matrix

Hello,

I am having this problem while trying to build a balance sheet. The original "Retained Earnigs" is wrong on their database, so I filtered it and made this measure for the matrix, and "Net Income" is also a measure added later.

Solfieri_1-1710357212164.png

But in this case, the only wrong value is Retained Earnings, that I didn't included on the general value measure above.

Solfieri_2-1710357359583.png

And when I insert the Retained Earnings on the measure, it breaks every liabilities lines.

I would greatly appreciate any insights into why the measure is behaving unexpectedly in this specific matrix visualization. Additionally, suggestions for troubleshooting or refining the DAX formula would be incredibly helpful.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Solfieri 

First of all, thanks to @some_bih  for your timely response.

Here are my additions.

Measure is affected by the row context, which means that the result of Measure is affected by all fields that are added to the visualization chart, check if there are still problems with Retained Earnigs for all fields in the Matrix.

If your problem still exists, please provide sample data in excel form with the results you want. Or show it as a screenshot or pbix. Please remove any sensitive data in advance. If uploading pbix files please do not log into your account. 

You can also find out how to provide data at the following link: How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum - Microsoft Fabric Community .

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @Solfieri check your definition for Long Term Liabilities. It is not shown on visuals to conclude more. Maybe your definition include some sum / difference of other items

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.